On February 2, 2019, over 400 people braved the bad weather and came together at Kellogg-Zaher Park in Las Vegas to celebrate World Rare Disease Day at our Vegas Cares About Rare 5K event. Participants came into town from all over Southern Nevada as well as Utah, California, Colorado and Maryland!
The success of this event went above and beyond our expectations, actually making this our most successful fundraising event in the history of our organization. We raised over $28,000 to continue to fund our programs, and our community showered love on the 15 children diagnosed with rare diseases who were our event VIPs. The coming together of our community to raise awareness for childhood rare disease was exciting and awe-inspiring!
This year’s event statistics:
- 347 registered participants
- 15 VIP rare children attended plus families of 3 rare angels (including Hannah)
- 36 teams (largest was 32 people!)
- Fundraising teams raised over $4000
- Over 100 volunteers from Key Clubs and community groups all over the city!
Special thank you to our sponsors:
|$2500 to $5000||$500 to $1500|