On February 29, 2020, over 800 people came together at Cornerstone Park in Henderson, NV, to celebrate World Rare Disease Day at our Vegas Cares About Rare 5K event. Participants came into town from all over Southern Nevada as well as Arizona, California, North Carolina, and Washington.
The success of this event went above and beyond our expectations, actually making this our most successful fundraising event in the history of our organization, massively blowing away our previous fundraising success! We raised over $43,000 to continue to fund our programs, and our community showered love on the 30 children diagnosed with rare diseases who were our event VIPs. The coming together of our community to raise awareness for childhood rare disease was exciting and awe-inspiring!
This year’s event statistics:
- 587 registered participants
- 30 VIP rare children attended plus families of 3 rare angels (including Hannah)
- 45 teams (largest was 46 people!)
- Fundraising teams raised over $16,000
- Over 200 volunteers from Key Clubs and community groups all over the city!
Special thank you to our sponsors:
UPDATED 2020 Vegas Rare 5K Sponsor Banner – Retractable Standard — Qty 1